Tuesday, March 11, 2008

38 Weeks

I went to the doctor and for an ultrasound today. Nothing to report at the doc, except my BP was normal again and my swelling is completely gone! It's amazing what keeping your feet up will do. I see him again on Thursday morning.
As for the ultrasound, we saw she is in the correct position (head down and facing my back), and that she is weighing in at about 7.5 lbs. (This is a VERY good weight considering the gestational diabetes) Ultrasounds can measure high, so this is just an estimate.
I got to see her practicing her breathing! That was so cool! The technician said they start practicing around 25 weeks, but it's harder to catch on ultrasound because they don't do it as much as they do now. It was wild seeing her little belly contract with each breath.
These last few days are going to take forever! I know I should be grateful for my time off and alone, but one can only watch so much day time TV, and sleeping is nearly impossible these days. Tomorrow and Thursday I have lunch plans with some girlfriends, so that should break up the days.
Oh, and this morning I went to the police station and had the car seat checked. Vaughn installed it behind the passenger seat, and although he really wanted to install it in the middle, I insisted he install it behind the passenger seat. What do I know? The police officer moved it to the middle. It is not mandatory that it be in the middle, it's just recommended. My husband is so smart! Maybe next time I will listen and save everyone some time. :)
Anyway, I hope all of you are doing well! I will post again on Thursday after my LAST doctor's appointment.
Love,
Tracy

No comments: