Tuesday, February 5, 2008

When will we get to meet Piper??

I saw my OB this morning. I asked him what he thought about scheduling an induction if she is too big, and he said that goes without question. As a practice, they do not let diabetics who are taking insulin reach 40 weeks. There is a risk of "shoulder something" on the baby. I can't remember what he said. Oh, and I will probably have a c-section. It depends on how big she gets. She is measuring a little big right now, but he did say they ALWAYS estimate high. They NEVER estimate low. She may come out and not be a big baby at all, that's just how it goes. I will have to go for another ultrasound at about 37 or 38 weeks. I will have her at 39 weeks. (Unless she comes sooner which is a possiblity as she is already as low as she can get)

Oh, so I guess I should tell you the dates: I will be induced on 3/19 or 3/21. Dr. Wittman has to see which day he is on call that week.

That's all I know at this point, will know more next week.

No comments: