Friday, August 22, 2008

New Day Care

Nancy went back to school this week, so I had to find new Thursday/Friday daycare. I was a nervous wreck! I contacted 4-C (Community Coordinated Child Care) and for a small donation they supplied a list of licensed and unlicensed child care centers.
So, I got the list and started dialing. By the second phone call, I found our match!! Her name is Ann and she is WONDERFUL! She runs a licensed in home day care center about two miles from our house. After speaking for a few minutes, we decided to meet. It works out because the only other baby-baby she takes care of, doesn't come on the same days as Piper. When I arrived at her house, I was greeted by her older daughter and husband. Both were very nice. The house was very clean, and there were plenty of kids toys around. After I shed a tear, (Yes, I know, I am a baby, but I was very nervous about leaving Piper with someone she didn't know) we sat down and talked. Ann told me about how she runs her business, and a little bit about the daily schedule. She takes care of a few toddlers and has a couple of kids before and after school. She has had all of the kids since they were babies, so that should tell you something.
So, Piper started at her house yesterday. Vaughn went with me to drop her off. It felt like it was the first day I was leaving her. I BAWLED!! Not because I don't trust Ann, but because I was worried about Piper being scared in a place that isn't familiar with a family she only met once.
Boy was I wrong to worry! Piper ate, slept and played like a champ!! As a matter of fact, when I arrived to pick her up, Ann's husband Junior (who works full time out of the home but is also licensed, how great is that???) was holding her. I got Piper's attention and she just looked at me like "oh, your here. Whatever") She was neither here nor there about my arrival. She seemed to really enjoy herself. I am sure she loved watching the other kids, and Ann said that they even made up a Piper song.
It's so hard to leave her every day, but I am very lucky to have found great people to watch my daughter. That goes for Uncle Chuck and Aunt Sheri and Cousin Connor, and Ms. Ann and Junior. (And their daughters, Chelsea and Jlynn because I know they are a great help!!) I took a picture of Piper and Ann yesterday, but have not downloaded it off my camera yet. I will try to post it tonight after Piper goes to bed or sometime this weekend.

No comments: